Please scroll down for information on how YOU can nominate someone for “Makeover Mondays”
Hair Creations is now accepting nominations for their
“Makeover Mondays”- set to begin June 27th!
What is Makeover Mondays?
“Makeover Mondays” is an experience in which the makeover recipient receives the Hair Creations Full Service client experience. That is, an in-depth customized consultation, education on how to style her hair and which hair care products will help to enhance and maintain the new style, a complimentary hair color and hair cut, and complimentary Bumble and bumble hair products to help maintain her new look. In addition, the makeover recipient will start the day with a transformational massage from Healing Spirit Massage, receive a professional make-up application by Amy Elizabeth , a new ensemble fromViolet’s and Stella’s of Saratoga, and a photo session from Niki Rossi Photography. Spring Street Deli and Pizzeria will also provide food and beverages on the day of each makeover.Hot Yoga Saratoga is generously donating a complimentary month of yoga to each recipient. Saratoga Olive Oil Co. will be hosting the Makeover Mondays Reveal Parties.
Who do YOU know?
“Makeover Mondays”, will center on giving back to six special women in the community. Each month’s recipients will be chosen based on the following criteria:
A professional woman who has fallen on hard times due to the present economic climate, and thus, may need some assistance with appearance enhancement before starting the interview process. Nomination deadline is Saturday June 18. Voting is from Sunday June 19 – Wednesday June 22.
A deserving woman who has been – for a significant period of time – selflessly advocating for a cause and/or volunteering her time. Nomination deadline is Saturday July 16. Voting is from Sunday July 17 – Wednesday July 20.
A Dress for Success female client who requires help with appearance enhancement as she heads out into the job field. Nomination deadline is Saturday. Only Dress for Success clients can be nominated for this month. Nomination deadline is Saturday August 20. Voting is from Sunday August 21 – Wednesday August 24.
A local woman in the community who is considered a hero in an extraordinary way. Nomination deadline is Saturday September 17. Voting is from Sunday September 18 – Wednesday September 21.
A woman who has survived cancer, or another life threatening illness, and is at the point in her recovery in which she is ready to feel a sense of rejuvenation of both her appearance and spirit. Nomination deadline is Saturday October 15. Voting is from Sunday October 16 – Wednesday October 19.
A woman who has been a selfless caregiver (taking care of a loved one who has fallen ill) and deserves renewal of both body and spirit. Nomination deadline is Saturday November 19. Voting is from Sunday November 20 – Wednesday November 23.
The steps to nominate someone are simple:
- Nominations should be done in an altruistic fashion. So please nominate someone other than yourself and someone truly deserving.
- You may nominate someone at any time beginning April 1, 2011 via email for any of the six months.
- Candidates who are nominated should be open to a makeover experience.
- Candidates must be available the entire day of the appropriate Monday they’re nominated and be able to meet for an hour prior to their “Makeover Monday”
- Send email to MakeoverMondays@haircreationssalon.com (include nominating month in the subject heading. For example, if you know someone who is recovering from a life threatening illness you would write “October” in the subject heading).
- Appropriate month in subject heading
- Details of the nominee’s story
- A current photo of the nominee
- The nominee’s contact information (name, phone number, address, and email address)
- Your contact information so that we can reach you if your nominee is chosen
How to Vote for your favorite “Makeover Mondays” nominee:
(Hair Creations will read each story and pick the top three nominees)
- The top three stories (stories may be shortened in order to fit the allotted space on Facebook) will be posted on Hair Creations’ Facebook page
- Go to Hair Creations’ Facebook page and “LIKE” our page
- Vote for the nominee you feel is most deserving of a makeover by clicking “LIKE” next to her story (while people may comment on each story, only “LIKES” will be counted in the voting process).
- The nominee whose story receives the most “LIKES” will receive the Makeover Monday experience.